Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Update on Harper

This is to update you on Harper. This is a post from Kelly's blog. You can click on the button above "Praying for Harper" and it will take you right there.


This is a picture of the two people I love most in this world - Harper and her daddy. It didn't take long to completely wrap him around her little finger. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone as crazy about their little girl as he is. It has made me fall in love with him all over again when I watch him talk to her with tears in his eyes every day. Every time he talks about her - I see this light in his eyes I've never seen before and I just want to bottle it up!

I love this picture.
The night Harper was born and they took her away in the helicopter - the NICU gave me these two little blankets to sleep with so I could bring them here and put them in with her so she could have my smell near her. All today - she has been just holding it in her little hand and I love it. I can't hold her or feed her or have her open her eyes and look at me - but she can hold this blanket and know that her momma loves her more than life.

We met with our doctor twice today and he is so good to give us a lot of details. The latest is that her heart appears to still be good. He showed us x-rays from each day of her life. The pneumonia in her lungs gets a little better each day. They took her oxygen down to 95% at one point today but her levels dropped a little so they took her back up to 100% tonight. The plan is to watch her for the next 5-6 days and if her oxygen level doesn't get down to 75-80% - they will probably go ahead with ECMO. We are okay with that but we are praying that she will use less oxygen. I just have this calm assurance that she is going to be okay. God has made Himself so real to us over and over and over in so many ways. I wish I could share all the ways He has blessed us through others. We have had so many visitors and gifts and messages and today we recieved something so amazing we had to just go to a private place and sob at God's provisions for us. We know God continues to bless us to encourage us so that we can trust Him and look for ways to share Him. Our nurse saw us crying today and we were able to tell her it was because people had been so good to us - especially our church family. Later she reacted to something else that happened by saying "You have such a nice church".
Oh - I hope each of you have a church family that you love - there is nothing like it.

Thank you for praying for Harper. We tell her every day that she has no idea how many people are praying for her. We found that someone started a blog just for her so you could leave us messages. This is the blog. It is so amazing - I can't thank ya'll enough. I still haven't had time to get through all my e-mails or facebook messages or comments so if you are the one who started it - hopefully I can thank you once I figure it out!

Jesus said "Whatever you did for the least of these - You did it unto me" Matthew 25:40.

P.S. Just a couple of things people have had questions about:
1. I didn't have a c-section - I birthed that big girl the normal way. Which explains why I now walk like an 80 year old.
2. We are staying at the Ronald McDonald House for now. It has been a huge blessing to us.
3. We are expecting to be here for probably at least a month to 6 weeks or more right now.
4. We have laughed because we have been asked this more than anything - Dawson is GREAT! He was at doggie daycare but my dad had to go home today so he picked him up and took him home with him. He has a great set up and Dawson will be more than happy to be with him. Thank your for all the concerns and offers on our sweet puppy - we haven't forgotten our first baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment