Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Thursday, January 8, 2009

How Did This Happen?

I am prancing around in my kitchen going from the homemade Italian sausage, to the frying bacon, sauteed celery, onions, and garlic and ground chuck (more about all that in another post)and I catch a glimpse of my reflection.

Although I have showered and been up since 6:30 a.m, I am still in my p.j.'s (I got busy in my office with brides and vendors on the phone and emails, and schedules of the boys), I have rollers in my hair, it is 2:30 in the afternoon, and I am cooking food that isn't for me. I am concerned about getting the laundry done before I have to leave to get Gregory to wrestling practice and get to Kyle's match in Fridley at 5:00. How did this happen.......I have turned into a Housewife/Mother......and not a young one just starting out!!

When did this happen?

Who did this to me? That is what I would like to know!

I guess I live my life in denial. I don't think this is me. I don't have a sore back, arthritis creeping in, skin that I now consider keeping out of the sun so it doesn't look "aged", gray hairs that keep poking their little heads. I don't have what are beginning to look like grown men calling me "Mom". I don't have what I call "floosies", (although I am certain they are lovely girls except for the fact they want to date my boys) calling my boys and giggling when they walk by. I don't have a child that owns a vehicle!

I have an Uncle, Clark. He is one of those "timeless" people. He looks pretty much the same as he did 25 years ago. Whenever I start to feel a little age creeping in I can look at a recent picture of Clark and because he looks 25 years ago, it takes me back 25 years ago and those thoughts of getting older go away. All is right with the world.

The other day Uncle Clark posted on my blog about when he was going to see a video of me snowboarding. I wrote him a letter and told him when he went, I would go too. He had the nerve to write me back and tell me he was too old!! Too old........Clark......?! How dare he take my youth away from me in one swoop. Because he doesn't age....I don't age. Now he says he is getting older..........that must mean I am getting older too!

As I was prancing around the kitchen....after I got this glimpse of my reflection, I turned my attention back to my dancing to the Willie and Waylon I had playing in the background. I then listened to a little AC/DC (only I remember it when Back in Black was just coming out :( ). I found myself feeling 25 years younger again.

I don't care what you say Clark. You are not getting old. You just need to turn some music on!

No comments:

Post a Comment