Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Friday, January 9, 2009

Go Kyle!

Seems to be what I say most the time he is wrestling.

My mom gave me a new little video camera for Christmas. It has a memory card so I can put the videos right on my computer in one step. That is quite a handy feature for me. The difficult part is getting familiar with the camera.

I seem to do much better with still photography. Perhaps it is that I use a large bulky camera, which I love. I used to use a video camera all the time when the kids were little. It was big and bulky and manageable for me. These small, teeny, tiny things I find more difficult.

I took some video last night of Kyle's match. I won't tell you the outcome, so you will have some suspense. If you can't figure it out by the poor videography, please let me know. It is something I need to practice with. The fact that they move around a lot on the mat and I keep losing them doesn't help either. So, please forgive me while I am learning. Hopefully, I will get much better real soon.

Also, if you could. There was a terrible accident last night at the wrestling meet. During the heavyweight match of Fridley vs. St. Thomas the Fridley wrestler, Justin, took the other wrestler down and got a pin. He was ecstatic. His first pin. As everyone was cheering and jumping up and down we noticed the St. Thomas wrestler in a great deal of pain and unable to get up off the mat. The weight of both the wrestlers had come down on his forearm during the pin and snapped his forearm in half. It is amazing how they go from being the "opponent" to a child in need in a blink of an eye. It was a horrible and helpless feeling to watch him there in so much pain. It seems like time stands still and everything moves in slow motion.

He was taken by ambulance and is going into surgery today to repair his shattered forearm. Please keep him in your prayers. Pray for his strength, courage and full recovery and also pray for Justin. Pray for his ability to forgive himself. He is taking it rather hard. Please keep all of our athletes and their safe participation in your prayers. It is so easy, in a blink of an eye, for any one of them to be hurt and we do need God to watch over them and keep them safe.


1 comment:

  1. You did good on the picture taking Marnie.. You sort of get excited too don't you? Tell Justin not to worry about what happened as that happens in just about any sport as Sheila broke her forearm turning cartwheels at a basketball game at halftime. So it happens in even the noncontact sports. Justin don't let it get you down as I'm sure the other wrestler will be fine, he will probbly be out for the rest of the season and at least Justin won't have to wrestle him again this year, but he had better watch out for him next year!!

    ReplyDelete