Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Surrounded by Brilliance

****This is an update to this post.

It is now 3:27 in the afternoon and Greg was about 8 hours too early......but you should see it now!

I went into Walmart. Calm and nice outside. I came out. HORRIBLE BLIZZARD!

I could hardly see past the front of my hood on the way home. It is awful outside.

I laughed all the way home. You'll understand after you read the post.

I'm sure school will be canceled tomorrow if this keeps up.

I sure hope Greg calls me tomorrow morning and tells me it is 78 degrees and sunny and to send Gregory to school in shorts. I will be looking forward to the afternoon :)!

This is what it is doing outside right now. All the snow is from within the last hour.



***************************************

This is some of the sheer brilliance I have encountered within the last 12 hours:

Last night Gregory and I had date night and went to a movie together. I will post more about that later.

We got home from the movie and decided we would have a bite to eat. I guess the tub of popcorn, hot dog, sour worms and large drinks were not enough.

I had made a scrumptious roast the night before (the recipe will be posted on the new blog when we move). We decided to warm up a couple pieces of the roast.

Gregory likes to have everything on his own plate.

I put my piece on my plate and his piece on his.

I warmed up my plate in the microwave.

Gregory always likes to warm up his own plate as well.

First Gregory tried his piece. Says it's cold. (yeah, it just came out of the fridge). He went and put it in the microwave.

G: how long
M: about 45 seconds

4 seconds into it

G: why is it on fire
M: what?!
G: why is it on fire. There is fire. The roast is on fire.
M: WHAT?!

Meanwhile he is opening the microwave door.

G: maybe it is the fork and knife
M: what fork and knife?!?

G: the one's I left on the plate


This morning Greg (Gregory's dad) calls from Florida, where he has been for a week and will be for another week.

G: You had better call Gregory's school and make sure he has it.
M: what?
G: You had better call Gregory's school and see if it has been canceled before he goes out and waits for the bus.
M: what are you talking about?
G: You have 10 inches of snow. They probably don't have school.

Me, looking out the window at a beautiful sunny day, and it is 38 degrees outside. We haven't had snow for a week.

M: we have 10 inches of snow?
G: Yes, you are in the middle of a blizzard. You need to call the school. The roads are covered in snow and ice and they probably don't have school.

I tell Gregory. We both laugh. He opens the front door and yells at the people passing by (on dry pavement). Children playing while waiting for the bus. "People, don't you know we are in the middle of a blizzard?! You should be shoveling. Be careful on those icy roads!"

He calls me up in Wisconsin from Florida and tells me what I am experiencing for weather and how to best handle it.


Sheer brilliance. I'm surrounded by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment