Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Friday, February 27, 2009

Coraline


Gregory and I had date night on Wednesday night.

We went to the movie Coraline.

I am not a huge fan of animated movies, so I didn't think I was going to like it, but since it was Gregory's choice, I was being a sport.

I actually really liked this movie.

The imagery in the film is beautiful and amazing and it was a lot of fun to watch Gregory's eyes light up and listen to his reactions of "wow" and "cool".

I would, however, be very careful about bringing young children to this movie. I really don't think I would have brought Gregory if he was much younger, and now after I have seen it, I know I wouldn't have.

If you have read the book, you know it is beautifully spooky; a rather haunting, scary and creepy tale.

The movie is no different. We both found it funny, haunting, and sometimes scary as heck.

Don't let the fact it is an animated movie fool you. This is not a movie for little kids. I think it would be too much. I think it is much more appropriate for kids 10 and up, and I think adults (even without kids) would enjoy it.

When I really enjoy a movie I purchase it, and I think I will be getting this one when it comes out on DVD.




I have a side note to our movie date.

We went to Hudson Cinema to watch the movie. Located off of 94 just after the River Falls Exit. If you take the Sommerset exit and take a right the second road on your right will get you there.

This movie complex is beautiful. I love it.

It is seldom busy (Gregory and I and one other mother and her daughter were the only people in the movie theater for our movie, and we only seen about 10 other people total in the entire complex).

The seats are so comfortable. Reclining leather seats with high backs. They really are the best movie seats I have ever sat in.

The place is clean and brand new and everyone is friendly.

The best part...........

The restrooms!!

They are the largest, nicest restrooms I have ever been in short of Nordstroms at the Mall of America. When the Mall of America first opened up and I was nursing Kyle and searching high and low for somewhere to feed him and found the Nordstroms restroom; the comfy couches, low lighting, carpeted floor and beautiful tissue boxes and foot massager were the most amazing thing I had ever seen in my life!

Now it is the Hudson movie theatre restroom.

I have never seen another person in there. It is so huge, clean, sparkling and beautiful, you would think everyone would be in there enjoying it. The first time I went in there I came out and told Dave he needed to go in there and take a look (he wouldn't. Boy is he missing out).

I brought my camera along this trip, so I could share it with you. Yes, I stood in the restroom taking pictures. Who doesn't?!


The picture really doesn't do it justice. It is much more elegant and huge in person. It doesn't have the same ambiance as the Nordstrom Department Store restroom, and it doesn't have the comfy couches and carpet, but it does have the coolest hand dryers. They have such force it feels like your skin is going to come off of your body.

This is not the first photo I have taken in a restroom. I have about 15 photos of restroom stall doors on my phone. I was going to print them off and make notecards out of them. I thought it would be creative and funny.

I have the red doors of Target, the orange doors of Home Depot, the white doors of Menards, the blue doors of Walmart, the kind of peachy, pink doors of Kmart and many more.

Yes, I sit in the restroom stall and take a picture of the door. Who doesn't?!

I know the answer to that question.

Although now, I bet you are going to be paying more attention to the different bathrooms and doors.

Remember, it is about paying attention and taking in all experiences in life.

Even the restrooms and the stall doors :) !


No comments:

Post a Comment