Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Make It Yours

Today I had a cake tasting. We all know how I LOVE cake tastings.

One of my favorite parts of my job.

The couple for this cake tasting is the cutest couple. I am planning a very eclectic wedding for them. We have a school bus picking up the guests, we have a "middle" party between the ceremony and reception where we will have an outdoor picnic with lawn games, food and an ice cream truck. Following that a beautiful reception, where actually you helped me choose the location quite some time ago (click here for link to that post).
For this elegant reception we are having a lovely.......................

Cow cake.

Yes, you read that right....a cow cake. He raises cattle and they wanted something fun, and what could possibly be more fun than a cow cake! :)


They will not have the cow and pig on top nor the braiding between the layers. We want to make it "elegant" (as elegant as you can make a cow cake :) ) and we are going to have fresh daisies on top and white pearls between the layers. We are growing grass to set the cake on.

I love fun couples. A bit of whimsy and making the day YOURS.

A cow cake may not be for everyone......but it is for them and that is what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment