Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Ride In The Sunshine

It has been very busy around here. Feels like the world is spinning around and with it my mind. I have hard a hard time writing for my beloved blog because of busyness of tasks and of mind.

Last week I had a wedding in Lanesboro, Minnesota.

It was quaint, charming and lovely.

The weekend provided a step back in time and provided a much needed slowing of my spirit, body and mind.

I rented a house for the weekend. "The Cozy Quilt Cottage". Oh the charm and warmth. I loved every second of my time spent inside. A true retreat for me. I will try and post tomorrow of "The Cozy Quilt Cottage", as it deserves a post all its own.

We brought along our bicycles and Sunday we spent riding them along the beautiful paths that Lanesboro is known for. We all rode at our own speed and often I found myself completely by myself, which was absolutely perfect. My mind embraced the peace, calm and music of the nature around me. The calmness of the river gently flowing beside me. The beautiful sound of the grasses blowing in the light breeze, and the complete silence,warm sunshine, and familiar scent as I found myself crossing and stopping to soak it all in on the various railroad bridges I crossed. That sweet smell of the railroad bridges brings back peaceful childhood days spent in Greybull , Wyoming at my Grandma's. We would walk along the railroad ties for hours in the sun, with only a brief break to stop and skip stones into the Greybull River. Not a care in the world. What a feeling that is and so hard to come by these days.

A glorious ride in the sunshine. Warmth of the soul, mind and spirit.

May we all be blessed with many.

Silence fulfills an important function in mental regeneration. It is only in the passivity of silence that the things which have deeply impressed us may resound and grow in our soul, and strike root in our being. Silence alone evokes that inward calm which is a prerequisite of recollection.

It is not merely outward abstaining from speech...we must also cultimvate an inward stillness.

I cannot become transformed in Thee unless that holy stillness spreads out in me; unless Thy gifts of grace and the calls of Thy love slowly expand and mature in my soul.







No comments:

Post a Comment