Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Picture Day

"How does this smile look?"

I opened my eyes to a squint to see Gregory's face nearly pressed against mine with this fixed "fake" smile on it.

I lifted my head. Looked at the clock.....7:00 a.m. What.....I had overslept on picture day!!

I gathered my thoughts and sat up and looked at Gregory still wearing the "fake" smile pasted on his face.

He looked odd to me.

It wasn't the smile........but what in the world did he have going on with his hair???!!!!

I asked him the same thing. I got up late too mom. I used a spray bottle and sprayed down one side of it. The bad side.

I would have hated to see what that side looked like!

Gregory, you need to jump in the shower. I don't have time, I will miss the bus. It is not a problem, I will take you if you do.

Fastest shower in shower history. I didn't even know water could come out that fast. (He was planning on comparing some game playing notes with someone on the bus this morning......it was very important he kept his scheduled appointment!)

Come on Gregory, let's go dry it.

I sprayed it down with the picture taking spray all the boys get on picture day and pulled out the blow dryer. While I dried he put on his pants, socks and shoes, (you can imagine how well the blow drying was coming out).

There he was in all his clean hair, poofed out glory.

Mom, I have to go. I have to keep my appointment.

Wait....those pants....what were you thinking? Off we go to find a different pair of pants. Then a new shirt and a new sweatshirt.

He is now trying to run for the front door. I quick run to the bathroom and grab the Aqua Net off the counter (for those of you that read my facebook you will understand why I even have the Aqua Net) and as he is dashing out the front door I am spritzing his flying bob with the Aqua Net.

I really do think the "fake" smile he is going to paste on his face is going to be the least of our troubles.

I'll let you know how the pictures turn out.

1 comment:

  1. There is always re-take day, set your clock !
    I will send professional hair spray.
    LV Grandma Bobbie

    ReplyDelete