Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Goodbye Dave

Dave (the fish) had a really hard day today.

This morning he was still looking awful. I did some reading on what could be going on with him and I felt a bit "enlightened". I went and bought him some antibiotics. I came home and measured out how much to put in his amount of water.

I needed to go to Head Start after that to take some photos for the DVD I am working on. I was gone for about 2 hours and when I got home I thought Dave looked a bit better. He swam to the top of his bowl to greet me.

I was working the rest of the day in my office and came out and checked on him about every 30 minutes. About 3:30 he started to look really bad again. He continued to decline.

It was a very helpless feeling not being able to do anything for him. He was really struggling.

Dave died at 6:31 p.m.

I will have a little "service" for him tomorrow.

We will miss him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about Dave - we get so attached to these pets.

    ReplyDelete