Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stop the Christmas Decorations...It's Time for a New Roof!!

They were supposed to do this in August. But, why do it when it is warm and not snowy and icy? Makes perfect sense to me. Wait until December in Wisconsin to begin the HUGE project of getting a new roof on this house!

The house needs a new roof and everything has been chosen and paid for. Shingles were delivered in August and sat in the boulevard for nearly 2 months. I then received a telephone call that the roof was too difficult to begin this late in the season. I was told they were going to wait until spring, and I told them to come and get the product off of the boulevard. They did.

Today I look out my front window and a horse trailer is pulling into my driveway and soon thereafter about 5 vans pull in and men start jumping out hauling ladders, plastic, wheelbarrows, boards........you name it, it was coming onto my yard. Next thing I know they are on the roof and things are flying down. I went out there to find out what is going on.........."Well, no time like the present!?!"

I thought the little red tree looked crumpled before. Who knows how it is going to look after this! So much for hanging the Christmas lights and garland this afternoon.






No comments:

Post a Comment