Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life.....Expect the Unexpected

In life the unexpected is delivered every day like a morning newspaper.

When I came to post this morning, I noticed the post below this and I thought how ironic.

Like nearly every other morning of the week, Dave left for work yesterday at 6:00 a.m. Dave arrived at work and set the meeting rooms scheduled for the day. Dave was then called into Human Resources. Due to the economic times meetings and events are down in the hotel and they have eliminated the Audio/Visual Department of the hotel. Please get your personal belongings. You are free to leave.

Just like that.

Just like that we became another statistic in the growing number of individuals and families that are faced with the loss of their job and uncertain futures. Yesterday morning at 10:05 a.m. the statistic for unemployed individuals in the United States was 11.6 million. Yesterday morning at 10:06 a.m. the statistic was 11.6 million and one.

I do believe that God does not close a door without opening a window. I believe everything happens for a reason and He has a bigger plan for Dave and for us.

The unknown is scary. Leaving a comfort zone and security is scary. I trust in His plan and that He will guide us to that window and beyond it will be something very exciting and fulfilling for Dave and our family.

I am thankful that I have a very full calendar of brides, grooms and weddings. I know times are difficult and I appreciate and feel very blessed with any and all business that I get. I have certainly seen changes in my business and the wedding and event business as a whole, but I remain to have business and am very thankful.

Uncertain times are stretched before our family right now, just as they are for millions of others. Please keep us, and the other families that are facing the same circumstances as us, in your prayers. Please pray for an optimistic attitude, endurance with difficult times, clarity in decisions of which avenues and opportunities to pursue and peace and love within the family.

Expect the unexpected is one thing. Accepting the unexpected can be another thing entirely.

Acceptance is the first step in any unexpected circumstance; Accepting whatever has happened. Accepting that it is fact. Accepting that you were meant to move on. Accepting that you were meant to rise higher as a direct result. Accepting that you don't have all the answers . . . don't understand all the meanings . . but that you will make it. From acceptance, you will find surrender. From surrender, grace. And from grace, a new life and a sacred triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment