Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Along the Path

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!


Mine and Erin at Designer Blogs birthday present to me........

My new blog design!!

Welcome to Cobblestone Path.

I just love it. I think she did such a fabulous job and I have been so excited for today to get here so I could share it with you!!!

I know many of you have emailed me making sure we were o.k, because I haven't posted at This Is Living for a couple of weeks.

This is why. I have been working on links and saving information and didn't want to post new information that I wouldn't get transferred over.

I am so excited with how everything turned out and couldn't be happier! Thank you so much Erin!!

The next big move is going to be moving into my new Recipe home. As for now there is a link at the top that takes you to recipes posted earlier but within a few weeks our new Recipe doors will be open and.......oh the excitement in the air!!

You will also notice a link at the top of the page for Weddings. After the recipe blog is completed we will be working on a wedding blog and that is where I will post wedding and event related materials.

The most important new link at the top of the page. Prayers.

There is so much going on around us right now. In our world, in our country, in our families. So many hard and sad things. So many are in need of all of us praying for them.

If you have a prayer request for yourself or someone else please feel free to post it under Prayers or email it to me and I will post it for you (follow the email link in the left sidebar). I ask all of you then to join in as one of our amazing Prayer Warriors and pray. Lift those in need up in your prayers. Wrap them in your love and prayers.

So often we can begin to focus only on needs. Please remember that He is due Praises as well.

We can all find SOMETHING to be thankful for.

I would love you to post your Praises as well as your needed prayers. Let us not only pray to Him for things needed but also REJOICE in Him for all that he provides to us.

You can post your Praises under Prayers, email them to me, or even post them here.

As many of you know Dave lost his job two weeks ago (you have been reading about it over and over on the "old" blog since that was my last post :) )

Although we are still in need of your Prayers due to our uncertain future, today, on my birthday, I need to count my blessings and would love to share with you what I am praising Him for today. I would love for you to share your blessings with me, so I can count yours too!

PRAISE: Dave and I have five wonderful and healthy children. They amaze me every day with their individual and amazing personalities, kind hearts, ability to learn and eagerness to discover. They have brought me more joy than anything in this world and I am grateful and count my blessings for them every day!

PRAISE: Theodore, Winston, Bebe and Dave (the fish). The energy and loyalty that Theodore and Winston bring to our home and to my life. The beautiful singing and welcome greetings that Bebe sings to me throughout the day and Dave (the fish), so graceful and smooth. He is a fish with lots of personality and I'm grateful for being shown that fish can have personality!

PRAISE: Family and friends. So many that call me, email me, pray for me, comfort me, and make me laugh. Everyone brings so much joy to my life and I am truly blessed.

PRAISE: Brides, Grooms and Love. All bring so much to my days and to my life. I am blessed to have a career that I love and to get to spend my days making a positive difference in one of the most important days in the life of a couple, their wedding day, as they begin their journey as husband and wife. I am truly blessed to share their exciting experiences with them as they plan their wedding celebration and I am honored to share their amazing day with them and their family and friends. I count my blessings for the opportunities each bride and groom and their love give me every single day.



PRAISE: Singing birds and buds on trees. It is hard not to believe in God when you see the changes in the seasons He gives us. He didn't have to make everything so beautiful......but He did.

PRAISE: All the comforts I am privileged to enjoy that I often take for granted. A home to live in, enough food to eat, electricity, indoor plumbing and good health. Although I am extremely blessed for the two legs He gave me for transportation I am very grateful for the car I am able to drive that gets me where I want to go even faster!

PRAISE: The little things that enrich my life and bring a smile to my face and happiness to my heart:
My new blog design! My birthday! My little black dress tumblers (Thanks Bobbie!), Panera chocolate chip cookies (that I had for breakfast today (it IS my birthday! :), wedding cake tastings, the recipe for the Rice Krispie bars that I am going to post for you on the recipe blog. (Do we see a pattern of lots of praises for food? :) ) My love and appreciation of good food, especially desserts! Driving with the windows down on a beautiful day, music swirling in the air around me, children's laughter, a porch swing, new purses and cute shoes, ice cream trucks, riding in a boat, flowers blooming in a garden, walks on a beautiful day, crayola artwork on a fridge, puppies, photography, well written words, the beauty of a church, the smells and sounds when sitting on a forest floor, candlelight, a mirror finish on a river or lake, and of course............Cobblestone Paths!

Thank you for walking with us on ours. We are truly blessed to have you here!

God bless you all and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Marnie!!!

    Love ya,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog!! Wow!!

    I hope you had a fantastic day! Looking forward to having lunch next week to celebrate.

    Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday Dear Marnie. Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ya today on your birthday and every other day ! Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn, I missed the cutoff of the actual birthday by a few hours. I fell asleep last night at 8:00 and didn't get up until this morning!! Hope you had a great day and look forward to doing something with ya to celebrate!! If I can get you off of this pretty blog! ha!
    Love ya,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, The cut off is not yet, we are till in march, Marnie's B'day will go on and on and on, as long as UPS delievers and calls come in it will be her B'day !!! Bobbie

    ReplyDelete